Probability and Statistics
Probability and Statistics, Fourth Edition,
by Morris H. DeGroot and Mark J. Schervish,
Addison-Wesley, 2012, ISBN: 978-0-321-50046-5
Student Solutions Manual
Student Solutions Manual,
by Mark Schervish,
Addison-Wesley, 2012, ISBN-10: 90-321-71598-5
The Students Solution Manual, written by Schervish, is especially recommended for its elegant presentation of the solutions to the odd-numbered exercises in DeGroot and Schervish, Fourth Edition.
Course Notes and Related Materials
- 1. Introduction to Probability (R script)
- 2. Conditional Probability (R script)
- 3. Random Variables and Distributions
- 4. Expectation
- 5. Special Distributions
- 6. Large Random Samples
- 7. Estimation
- 8. Sampling Distributions of Estimators
- 9. Testing Hypotheses
- 10. Categorical Data and Nonparametric Methods
- 11. Linear Statistical Models (R script)
- 12. Simulation
LaTeX template for homework exercises
The following template presents a nice format for organizing solutions to DeGroot and Schervish exercises. This document is meant to begin covering chapter 1. The format is lifted directly from that of Schervish's Student Solutions Manual for the text ... which, by the way, is one of the finest such solution manuals I have seen. It was written by Schervish himself, and it covers all the odd-numbered exercises.
- MT426, Probability, by Prof. Jenny Baglivo, Boston College, F2012 Excellent course notes; based on the text by Rice. Download "notebook01" ... "notebook05"
- MIT 6.041, Probabilistic Systems Analysis and Applied Probability, S2006 and F2010 Notes from lectures, recitations, and exams; complete set of videos covering the course lectures from F2010.
- MIT 18.05, Probability and Statistics, Spring 2005 Lecture notes, problem sets, solved exams; based on chapters 1-9 of DeGroot and Schervish.
Office: Woods Laboratories 120